Survey Summary

 First, a big thanks to all the people who cooperated with me in the survey conducted on survey monkey. I was able to get a total of 36 respondents that helped me get a deeper understanding of the public opinion of AI.                                                                                                                                                             The respondents ranged from the age of 19 to 24 and were a relatively young audience. What surprised me the most in this survey was the diversity in opinions. The divided opinions were fairly equal on both sides.

It goes without saying that we all have a device equipped with AI considering Siri is on all Apple devices. But, a few people answered that they didn't own any AI devices. This shows that some people aren't aware of what AI is, or doesn't know what to consider AI. (I would like to talk about this in a future post.) Most respondents answered that they first came across the word "Artificial Intelligence" in video games or movies, so people who haven't had the chance or interest to play/watch much maybe wouldn't know.

Also, I was surprised by the results of whether you find AI fearful or not. This was also equally split into 2 sides. I imagined opinions leaning toward being fearful, but many respondents had a lot of faith in humanity. Many answers stated that humans can stop AI if an outbreak occurs, or that humans have the power to prevent it from happening in the first place. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Thanks again to all the respondents.(I wanted to add graphs and stuff but couldn't figure out how)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NGO/NPO Reflection

What makes AI, AI?